How I Work:
1. Where did you graduate? What is your current job title?
I graduated last year with a Master’s in Intercultural Relations from Lesley University in Boston. For my undergraduate studies, I graduated from Emmanuel College in Boston, with a degree in English. Now, I am doing some freelance writing, while actively looking for employment. My goal is to find a position where I can utilize both my writing and intercultural background.
2. What apps and softwares you use most passionately? Why?
I’m always on Instagram, since I’m a visual person and could look at pictures for hours. It is a borderline addiction.
3. Do you prefer a tidy environment or a messy one? How do you organize your home and work desks?
I’m a bit of a neat freak and have a hard time working among clutter, so my space is always organized. One of my favorite things in my apartment is the vintage travel posters on my wall. I love traveling and it is good to be reminded of its transformative power, even when I am stationary.
4. What is your curent mobile device, computer setup and OS? Why?
I have been a Mac user for a while now and recently got a Mac Book Air, which is much nicer to my back than my old Mac Pro was. For my phone, I use a Google Nexius, which I purchased because of its big screen (this was before the iPhone 6 came out). Definitely a fan of Android.
5. Are you a gamer? If so, which games do you play on mobile / computer / gaming devices?
Does Doodle Jump count? In all seriousness, I have never been into computer games, even as a kid.
6. Is there any device you can’t live without, besides your cellphone and computer?
This is not a technological device per se, but as a writer I carry around a notebook and pen wherever I go. If I don’t write an idea down right away it immediately gets lost in my thoughts.
7. What sports or daily activites you do better than most people?
I’m not at all athletic, but I would say that I’m pretty inventive and can apply that to a lot of different aspects of my life.
8. Are you an introvert, or an extravert?
Definitely an introvert, but I thrive on social interaction as well, but with smaller groups of people.
9. What time do you sleep and how long on average?
Right now I have a flexible schedule and so my bedtime is a bit later, between 11:30-12am. I’m definitely not a morning person, so I need at least eight hours of sleep to be functional, maybe seven and a half, but that’s not ideal.
10. Tea or coffee? To keep you awake or as a pleasure?
Definitely tea. I have a whole shelf in my kitchen dedicated to tea of all different flavors and medicinal purposes.
11. Is there anything else you’d like to add that might be interesting to our readers?
I lived in Izmir for a total of seven months, over the course of two summers. I can understand basic Turkish and am continuing to study Turkish currently. Also, I am a bit obsessed with Turkish breakfasts in any form.